Group Coached Lake Workouts
First Time Open Water Lake Clinics- with Coach Kara 10:15 am
A great option for the new open water swimmer training for a sprint triathlon who needs a little extra attention and a coached practice at the lake.
Swimmers must be able to:
Dates: March *20, 26, April 2, 9
10:15 AM (which means be on the beach by 10 am :)
- Cancellation: In the event of lightening, winds greater than 10 mph or algae blooms, practice will be cancelled. A notice will be posted on our Facebook page and if time, an email will be sent. If you would like a text message, please let your coach know. We will attempt to reschedule.
- If you miss a workout, we can not provide refunds. (Fees go towards certifications, permits and team expenses.)
- Each swimmer will be grouped by ability and speed. Pair up with a fellow swimmer and use the buddy system: Watch for your partner during sets and rest periods. If a swimmer is in need of aid, stay with them until help arrives.
- Workouts are kayak supported and run by experienced open water coaches.
- Noticeably disruptive, impaired or ill swimmers will not be allowed to swim.
- Groups start on time. Please arrive on time.
- Kayaks will be equipped with rescue tubes, hydration (supplied by swimmers) a marine band radio and a whistle. 3 whistles means exit the water immediately and be accounted for.
- We suggest purchasing the a New Wave Swim Buoy as a personal flotation aid.
- Communicate with coaches or other swimmers if you leave practice early.
- When a coach is talking, you are not. Listen for directions and ask questions.
- Any member of SLV who jeopardizes the safety of the coaches or teammates will be banned from the group.