Coached Lake Workouts
Saturdays: March 21, 28, April 4 & 11
Advanced/Intermediate: 9 a.m.
Beginner/Sprint: 10:15 a.m.
First Time Open Water Lake Clinics- with Coach Kara 10:15 am
A great option for the new open water swimmer training for a sprint triathlon who needs a little extra attention and a coached practice at the lake.
Swimmers must be able to:
-Float on your back
-Swim 50 yds without stopping.
-Register with USMS.
-Space is limited!
Meets March 21,26,April 4 & 11
- Cancellation: In the event of lightening or other unsafe conditions, practice will be cancelled. A notice will be posted on our Facebook page and if time, an email will be sent. If you would like a text message, please let your coach know. We will attempt to reschedule.
- If you miss a workout, we can not provide refunds.
- Each swimmer will be grouped by ability and speed. Pair up with a fellow swimmer and use the buddy system: Watch for your partner during sets and rest periods. If a swimmer is in need of aid, stay with them until help arrives.
- Workouts are kayak supported and run by experienced open water coaches.
- Noticeably disruptive, impaired or ill swimmers will not be allowed to swim.
- Groups start on time. Please arrive on time.
- Kayaks will be equipped with rescue tubes, hydration (supplied by swimmers) a marine band radio and a whistle. 3 whistles means exit the water immediately and be accounted for.
- Rescue tubes will be placed along the buoy lines if rest is needed. We suggest purchasing the SSD. The Swimmer Safety Device as a personal flotation aid.
- Communicate with coaches or other swimmers if you leave practice early.
- When a coach is talking, you are not. Listen for directions and ask questions.
- We understand not all swimmers can swim with SLV so if you choose to swim with another group, be sure to check their safety plan and if they are authorized to hold workouts at the lake. There are several "coaching" companies that sneak around to save some money on permit fees and put the safety of swimmers at risk! If you are told to say "I'm not swimming with a group" the organization you are with is essentially breaking the law AND putting you at risk. Know who is coaching you. If you're not sure if the group you're swimming with is authorized to provide SAFE workouts, contact Lake Mead NRA and ask for a list of Commercial Use Authorization permittees HERE. Be safe out there!